Obtaining a company credit information report
There are many online providers offering good quality company credit information reports. The reports are a useful tool and typically provide full customer details, financial results, county court judgements, registered lending details and a credit rating. However it is worth remembering:
- Only incorporated companies in the UK file statutory accounts at Companies House
- The financial information and analysis is based on historic data, typically the previous 12 months trading and does not reflect current trading, so should be used as a guide only
Whilst company credit reports are useful, often the most telling information is the presence of court judgements and pending legal action or even winding-up proceedings against the business which your customer has not disclosed.
- Credit Management - A Guide to Risk Reduction
- Client credit risk assessment - Who do you think you are dealing with?
- Obtaining a company credit information report
- Obtaining a company bank reference
- Obtaining a company trade reference
- Customer credit risk assessments - How do you set a credit limit?
- How to get your trade terms right
- How to claim late payment fees
- Credit Management Summary - where to now?